Special Edition

Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid SECzech magazine Auto Design & Styling published an article about my success on this year's Auto Zeitung Design Trophy. You can read the story here.

Little preview:

"My next generation VW Touareg was done for the Auto Zeitung Design Trophy 2009. After reading the brief my first step was to take a look at the actual face-lifted Touareg. I tried to understand VW’s design language. Their proportions are always balanced, body is divided nicely and everything feels right. Some of their models (the first Touareg for instance) seem to be too neutral though, lack passion and expression. They are too diplomatic to me. I think that even in the business class there are some key elements that can be expressed through an automobile. So in the long run the Touareg was just too soft and way too sophisticated for me.

I started sketching ...
"

The magazine is also hosting an international design contest called Allivision09 open to designers under 35.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...